Joel Wilson has almost 30 years of experience in the operation and administration of nuclear and conventional cogeneration power plants, and all the associated maintenance, modification and repair of power plant and electronic support systems.
Joel’s general experience includes:
- Design, engineering, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of cogeneration power plants, including testing and overhauls.
- Nuclear power plant operations and maintenance.
- Classroom and laboratory instructor of electronics and power plant operations, including curriculum design, development and analysis, as well as the monitoring and coaching of training department personnel.
- Troubleshooting and emergent repair of power plant engineering equipment, including reactor control and power plant instrumentation.
- Major overhauls of nuclear and conventional power plants, including decommissioning, defueling, replacement of primary coolant pumps, flux detectors and reactor plant control panels.
Joel graduated with high honors obtaining a bachelor’s degree in electronics management from Southern Illinois University and an MEng in systems engineering, from Portland State University.